At dental conferences nationwide, we are known as the “fiscal fitness trainers” on the business of success. Seminars and content can be customized and delivered in a variety of formats, from 2-hour segments to 2-day intensive learning sessions.
In our series, The Business of Success: How to Get Out of Dentistry Alive we have taken four of our most requested topics and built modules around each: Business Fundamentals, Advanced Retirement and Tax Planning, Achieving Financial Independence, and Practice Transitions.
For Rick Willeford's one sheet, click here.
Ideal for the New Dentist and the "Older" Dentist who missed the Basics
“Not everything you can count counts;
and not everything that counts can be counted!” — Einstein
- Learn Why Overhead is Not the Problem you Thought it was
- Unlock the Secrets in your Financial Statements
- Cut the Fat but Not the Muscle—and How to Know the Difference
- Re-think “Staff” – an Expense or an Investment?
- Determine Whether you are Making a Profit—or just a Working Wage
Advanced Retirement and Tax Planning
Designed for Established Dentists
“What if your reality check bounces!?!”
- Free up more Funds with Advanced Retirement and Tax Planning
- Look at your Practice as your Financial Engine—Is it Ready for the Journey?
- Determine your Potential Production—and How to Achieve it
- Get familiar with Associateships and Practice Transitions
- Learn how to decide whether to Build vs. Lease
Created for Those Getting Started or Ready to Catch Up
“You may be on the right track, but if you don’t get moving,
you’ll still get run over!” — Will Rogers
- Discover if you’re On the Right Track
- Identify Whether or Not you can See the Track from Where you Are
- Learn about Personal Spending—the “Third Rail” of Financial Planning
- Find out Why You’re Not the Millionaire Next Door
- Win the Losers Game—Invest as Though Retirement Depends on it
Practice Transitions and Associates
Appropriate for Potential Partners and Doctors Nearing Retirement
“How to keep your foot on first base while stealing second”
- Maximize your Practice Value – Going Beyond the Numbers
- Identify Due Diligence Steps for Associates/Buyers
- Learn about Practice Valuation—Art or Science
- Discover Income Splitting Techniques so Everyone Wins.
- Clarify the Best Time to Sell your Practice—Perhaps Never
Raymond F. “Rick” Willeford, MBA, CPA is a Financial and Tax Planning columnist for Dental Economics, and he speaks nationwide. Rick is the founding principal of The Willeford Group, CPA, PC and President of WillefordCPA Wealth Advisors, LLC, a Registered Investment Advisory firm. A fee-only Certified Financial Planner and specialist in designing financial planning, tax, and transition strategies for dentists for 30 years, Rick is the founding president of the Academy of Dental CPAs, an association of 25 firms who provide specialized services to 6,000 dentists nationwide. He teaches financial management at the Medical College of Georgia and the University of North Carolina Dental Schools.
He is the only CPA-member of the American Academy of Dental Practice Administration. Rick participates in the national Practice Valuation Study Group, the Speakers and Consultants Network, and the Personal Financial Planning division of the American Institute of CPAs. He received his MBA from Georgia State University, an Electrical Engineering degree from Georgia Tech, and his CPA while at Price Waterhouse & Co.